Forum

Development Ideas  

RSS

Felton
(@felton)
04/02/2018 10:27 pm  

Best to have a separate chat for this i mind.
so to the suggestions: 

- when it comes to the end of the game and that blasted Blugaria has wiped you off the face of the earth, it would be really cool if the look at the map option and show you your troop movements. sort of like WW2 war maps, with arrows indicating the direction, and size of the force.

- Other WMD's, - Biological diseases that spread from city to city with troop movements, EMPS that hide the the troop levels in a certain area. Fog-O-War, so no-one can see troop sizes etc 5 tiles from their boarder. I imagine these come with certain buildings.

- Airports - they were fun.

ReplyQuote
uunxx
(@uunxx)
Member Admin
04/02/2018 10:35 pm  

Airports most likely will be back eventually, but they are quite hard for AI, it needs much more work. It wasn't so big deal when the game was multiplayer mostly.

Also fog of war will be included for sure.

Edited: 6 months  ago

ReplyQuote
Felton
(@felton)
06/02/2018 8:50 pm  

wow, my english was shockingly bad in that previous comment ...
I have other suggestions:

- Collection points, im thinking something like the Air Towers from the old version. You plonk it down somewhere and nearby troops collect there from other cities. 

- Long distance manoeuvres in your own territory. This should be limited, so as to stop at boarders and sea ports, and take the same length of time to move that distance as normal units.

- The ability to move armies of combined artillery and infantry. I imagine this as a box to tick alongside the, "All, 75%, 50%, 25%".

- And the fan favourite, territory to regenerate with time. Towns and Cities too, as long as they haven't been decimated.

😀

ReplyQuote
uunxx
(@uunxx)
Member Admin
06/02/2018 11:06 pm  

"Collection points, im thinking something like the Air Towers from the old version. You plonk it down somewhere and nearby troops collect there from other cities. "
Interesting idea, I will definitly think about it.

"Long distance manoeuvres in your own territory. This should be limited, so as to stop at boarders and sea ports, and take the same length of time to move that distance as normal units."
But you can move pretty far within your territory?

"And the fan favourite, territory to regenerate with time. Towns and Cities too, as long as they haven't been decimated."
I personally don't like it, I may think about it if more people will support this idea.

ReplyQuote
Felton
(@felton)
10/02/2018 6:36 pm  

- I guess a thing to ask before suggesting changes, is what do you want this game to be?

- With Land Regeneration, its to ensure that the war can continue, because i have been in games where the map has degraded so far that the war is hard to continue.  I guess a half way point would be for the areas to regenerate into empty green fields and dirt tracks.

- long distance manoeuvres would be to make it "cheaper" when moving units from distant or isolated areas.

- oh and for other alternative WMDs, there could be a list of possible weapons which you would gain from controlling a certain type of facility randomly placed on the map. The weapon you got from this facility would be unknowable until you controlled it and only usable while you controlled it. It could be destroyed by artillery and general conflict.
Weapons like:
  - Sickeness - which acts like radiation (-10% troop count) that follows armies to towns and such.
  - EMP - troop levels would be hidden.
  - Nukes - could be associated with these buildings.
  - Land Regen - could be associated with this.
  - Collection Towers - could be associated with this.

I've probably talked for long enough at this point.

ReplyQuote
uunxx
(@uunxx)
Member Admin
10/02/2018 7:23 pm  
Posted by: Felton

- I guess a thing to ask before suggesting changes, is what do you want this game to be?

Tricky question 😉 . But the destruction was a clou of the game since the flash version.

- With Land Regeneration, its to ensure that the war can continue, because i have been in games where the map has degraded so far that the war is hard to continue.  I guess a half way point would be for the areas to regenerate into empty green fields and dirt tracks.

I agree roads should regenerate up to some point, it will be probably included in the next update, but it may work different than you expect.

Weapons like:
  - Sickeness - which acts like radiation (-10% troop count) that follows armies to towns and such.
  - EMP - troop levels would be hidden.
  - Nukes - could be associated with these buildings.
  - Land Regen - could be associated with this.
  - Collection Towers - could be associated with this.

I like the sickness 🙂 Everything that associates with misery fits the game  😆 

Edited: 6 months  ago

ReplyQuote
uunxx
(@uunxx)
Member Admin
12/02/2018 12:03 am  

Done! Dirt roads are created when moving armies through the wastelands.

ReplyQuote
Felton
(@felton)
26/02/2018 2:07 pm  

I guess for me, this game (like all games) becomes more interesting the more complex it is. The challenge is to notice the complexities of the game's mechanics and use them to your own advantage.

If Misery is a good way of describing the game's theme, then i`ve got a few other suggestions;

- Altering Dirt Roads so that they form on all types of terrain when armies walk over them. so you cut through a forest or desert? a track is formed, but after a while the track will start to disappear if it isn't used. Like how a real dirt road would work.

- Mine Fields, or rather planted defences. so a mine field could literally be a  circle of hexes which you could plant on roads, forests deserts, so on so forth. But once these have been planted and the original Colour has been conquered, they stay there. A lingering threat to any unsuspecting force that crosses them. non movable and only non threatening to those who plant them, and planted by artillery units.

- Defence towers ( i see them looking like the old air towers) which electrify approaching units. although these could switch allegiance if the territory they stand on changes. maybe make so an artillery unit is the only think that can plant it or change its allegiance by converting the land it stands.

- Weather, this may just annoy players more than anything. so clouds obscuring unit strengths (not positions). High and low temperatures affecting  moral or death. In effect, exposure to the environment when off road or outside a Port/Town/City.

- Famine, this kind of already happens when your territory doesnt support the number of troops you have. so im thinking, put up a little indicator explaining this (and its solution) and possibly have a moral drop ? the vice versa should happen when your territory has more capacity than your troop levels.

Sounds Miserable to me 
}:D

ReplyQuote
uunxx
(@uunxx)
Member Admin
26/02/2018 5:02 pm  

I think they may be generally good ideas, except for the weather, as it introduces randomness (I will probably introduce for of war in future though). No randomness should be in the game, I actually made it because randomness of other games was too annoying. So misery and determinism are the two words that describe the game :).

ReplyQuote
Baurt
(@baurt)
20/03/2018 1:07 am  

I've always thought trenches would make a good addition, perhaps make it so troops or artillery can build them or even a new builder unit? Trenches would provide a defense bonus but would decrease morale for every turn a unit spends in it so it can have that misery pizzaz you said you like.

uunxx liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register